Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Holy shit! I was on the NFL Network!!!

Okay, so last I blogged, I thought perhaps I might be on the NFL Network's coverage of the Patriots' AFC Championship pre-game press conference at Gillette Stadium on Friday, 1/18. Well, HOLY SHIT! I was!!!

Note: the delay for blogging about this is partly because I'm still walking around pinching myself and others just to be sure it wasn't a dream.

Thanks so much to my Aunty Diane and cousin Beth for their head's up DVR'ing! Imagine their surprise when they tuned in for the Pats' press conference and saw my smiling face in the crowd of reporters! Thanks, guys!!!! YOU ROCK!

Thanks also to my head's up choice of seats upon entering the press conference. After confirming that there wasn't a pecking order that would force me to grab a seat in the rafters, I chose the ideal spot for taking in the greatness that is Patriots football: dead center. It turned out I had also positioned myself in the direct gaze of the NFL Network's cameras. Yay!

It was great to check out the full press conference at my Uncle Mark and Aunty Diane's house (who are super fans 1 and 2). Without my knowledge, I'm on camera a couple times (snickering at stupid questions and Belichick's "is that a question?" retorts -- again, am I the ONLY person who thinks he's hilarious?).

So, without further ado, the video I taped off their TV of me asking Brady a question: (note how composed I am...well, up until I can't take it any more and melt)







Oh, and if that weren't enough, I went to the AFC Chamionship game that Sunday with my Dad and had the most amazing, memorable time ever (thanks SO MUCH, Jeremy! the seats were AWESOME!!).

I'll never, ever forget walking along Route 1 with my Dad up to the stadium, bundled from head to toe but still somehow cold, smelling the tailgater's fires, hearing the crowds up ahead and turning to my Dad to say "thanks so much for being here to enjoy this with me!"

It doesn't get any better than that...especially when your team wins and heads to the Super Bowl!!!

No comments: